How can you join the Friends or become involved as a PTPL Friend? We’ve outlined some volunteer opportunities for you on this page.
Used Book Sale Volunteer
- Help with donated materials. Assess items that should be kept in the collection, put in the book sale, or packed for Thrift Books/Goodwill/other (Possibly available on Tuesdays & Fridays to accept donations or at a convenient time during the week or weekend)
- Monday and Thursday Morning Book Sale Helpers
- Help with weeding fiction (looking for multiple copies of books that are no longer popular or on the bestseller list). Ultimately this person would be trained on withdrawing unneeded volumes.
Special Fundraising Events
- Plan for annual or semi-annual fundraising ideas (Author Visit, Taste of the Township, Off-Site events)
- Coordinate mailings
- 60th PTPL Anniversary Committee (Oct. 2017)
PTPL Program Prep/Hospitality
- Shop for refreshments for special events, programs, set-up/clean up.
- Welcome WAGGIN phone calls: Place a brief call to welcome new patrons to see if they need help logging into their WAGGIN account, registering for programs, renewing items online, if unable to answer a question offer name to a staff member to contact patron
- Library Concierge: Greet patrons at a special “kiosk” in the lobby and offer directions to materials, answer simple questions, and inform people about upcoming programs.
- Monitoring/purchasing supplies for Cafe Lee.
- Assist with delivering books to Homebound or Assisted Living Facilities
- Brochure Stand Volunteer: Copies, folds and restocks library brochures, assists in creating brochures/ppts
- Pull “Holds” Volunteer: A morning or evening project (45 minutes) for a different volunteer each day of the week. This volunteer would assist staff in retrieving books from shelves that have been requested from other libraries and bring to front desk for circulation to other libraries.
- Computer Clean-Up: A volunteer who cleans the computer keyboards/monitors/mouse weekly.
- General shelf reading/straightening/dusting needed in all departments on both floors.
- Assist in Children’s Department to prep for craft lessons, organize craft materials.
- Lead a special interest group: Zentangles, Puzzles, Crafts, Movie discussions, Board Games, etc.
- Pollinator Garden Volunteer/Caring for Indoor Plants
- “Adopt a Shelf” this volunteer would adopt a favorite section and check on it periodically (travel, cookbooks, golf, Audiobooks, Playaways, etc.) and keep that area tidy and in order.